Area, California, U.S. & World
Mariposa Daily News Archive
Mariposa Daily News
Good News...Good Times
Mariposa Daily News 2011
Mariposa Daily News 2012
Mariposa Daily News 2013
Daily Sheriff Report
Fire Department Log
Tom Phillips: Mariposa History
Talkin' Trash: Archives
Clubs & Organizations
Older SST Pre June 2010
Letter to the Editor
Super Mario World 2
Badger Pass Daily Ski Report
Weekend Special Edition
SST YouTube Channel
Linda Gast Archives
SST Photo Archives
Photo of the Day
Yosemite Today Traffic Report
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Governor Brown Issues Legislative Up-date including signing of ABX1 29 the Fire Prevention Fee
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced on Friday, July 8, 2011 that he has signed the following bills:
ABX1 29 by Assemblymember Robert Blumenfield (D-Van Nuys) – State responsibility areas: fire prevention fees.
The signing message.
• AB 167 by Assemblymember Paul Cook (R-Yucaipa) – California Stolen Valor Act.
• AB 173 by Assemblymember Mike Gatto (D-Burbank) – Armenian Genocide victims.
• AB 614 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Martinez) – School attendance review boards: member composition.
• AB 746 by Assemblymember Nora Campos (D-San Jose) – Pupils: cyber bullying.
• AB 840 by Assemblymember Norma Torres (D-Pomona) – Employee Housing Act: agricultural land use.
• AB 876 by Assemblymember David Valadao (R-Hanford) – In-Home Supportive Services program.
• SB 101 by Senator Ellen Corbett (D-San Leandro) – Athlete agents: conflicts of interest.
• SB 150 by Senator Lou Correa (D-Santa Ana) – Common interest developments.
• SB 221 by Senator Joe Simitian (D-Palo Alto) – Small claims court: jurisdiction.
• SB 279 by Senator Bill Emmerson (R-Riverside) – Business: self-service storage facilities.
• SB 288 by Senator Gloria Negrete McLeod (D-Chino) – Local government: independent special districts.
• SB 291 by Senator Juan Vargas (D-San Diego) – Bail.
• SB 373 by Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord) – Retirement: Contra Costa County.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bill:
• ABX1 34 by Assemblymember Robert Blumenfield (D-Van Nuys) – State Controller: property tax postponement. A veto message can be found
For full text of the bills, visit:
Terms of Service
© 2013 Sierra Sun Times/Goldrushcam.com