Michael Fisher - Genealogy
Today's Green Minute
Daily Sheriff Report
Fire Department Log
Tom Phillips: Mariposa History
Talkin' Trash: Archives
Clubs & Organizations
Area, California, U.S. & World
Mariposa Daily News Archive
Mariposa Daily News
Mariposa Daily News 2013
Mariposa Daily News 2011
Mariposa Daily News 2012
Letter to the Editor
Older SST Pre June 2010
Super Mario World 2
Weekend Special Edition
Badger Pass Daily Ski Report
SST YouTube Channel
Linda Gast Archives
SST Photo Archives
Photo of the Day
Yosemite Today Traffic Report
Sunday, March 09, 2014
California Governor Jerry Brown Signs Same-Day Voter Registration Law
9-24-2012 - SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today signed a bill that makes it easier for Californians to vote by allowing same-day voter registration.
“Voting—the sacred right of every citizen—should be simple and convenient,” said Governor Brown. “While other states try to restrict voters with new laws that burden the process, California allows voters to register online—and even on Election Day.”
Assembly Bill 1436 (Feuer) allows same-day voter registration, giving Californians the right to vote with a provisional ballot if the conditional voter registration is deemed effective. Same-day registration will be permitted once the Secretary of State certifies California’s new statewide voter database, VoteCal. Last year, Governor Brown signed Senate Bill 397 (Yee) allowing Californians to register to vote online.
In addition, Governor Brown signed the following political reform and election-related bills:
• AB 216 by Assemblymember Sandré Swanson (D-Oakland) – Voters: residency confirmation.
• AB 481 by Assemblymember Richard Gordon (D-Redwood City) – Political Reform Act of 1974: campaign disclosure.
• AB 1509 by Assemblymember Mary Hayashi (D-Hayward) – Political Reform Act of 1974: statement of economic interests.
• AB 1662 by Assemblymember Paul Fong (D-Mountain View) – County boards of education: members.
• AB 2062 by Assemblymember Mike Davis (D-Los Angeles) – Political Reform Act of 1974: statements of economic interests: electronic filing.
• AB 2080 by Assemblymember Richard Gordon (D-Redwood City) – Vote by mail ballots.
• AB 2191 by Assemblymember Chris Norby (R-Fullerton) – Political Reform Act of 1974: county central committees.
• AB 2691 by the Committee on Elections and Redistricting – Political Reform Act of 1974: online and electronic filing.
• AB 2692 by the Committee on Elections and Redistricting – Electoral districts and precincts.
• SB 35 by Senator Alex Padilla (D-Pacioma) – Voter registration agencies.
• SB 1001 by Senator Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) – Political Reform Act of 1974: lobbyists and committees: fees.
• SB 1272 by Senator Christine Kehoe (D-San Diego) – Political party organization: county central committees.
• SB 1331 by Senator Christine Kehoe (D-San Diego) – County of San Diego Independent Redistricting Commission.
For full text of the bills, visit:
Terms of Service
© 2013 Sierra Sun Times/Goldrushcam.com