Monday, 02 May 2016
The 2016 Mariposa Butterfly Festival Parade in Photos
Published Online Since 2004

SST Videos on
you tube logo sierra sun times
Search the Sierra Sun Times Using Keywords
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
‘Click’ for the best sounding Chimes in the world all made in Mariposa California... “Let the Good Chimes Toll“
‘Click’ for the best sounding Chimes in the world all made in Mariposa California... “Let the Good Chimes Toll“
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
'Click' Here to Visit: 'Yosemite Bug Health Spa'...
'Click' Here to Visit: 'Yosemite Bug Health Spa'... "We provide a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere... Come in and let us help You Relax"


____________________________
Classified Ads

Contact Us to Place Your Ad
Place 'Your' Classified Ad
on Sierra Sun Times
Email Us Today
Community Notice
Mariposa Rodeo Queen ad
_____________________________
Contact Us to Place Your Ad Today
Event
Job Listing
or Community Notice
_____________________________

Send in News Articles to
Sierra Sun Times
_____________________________
  • Last Update:Monday 02 May 2016, 18:35.

CAL FIRE:
As of Sunday, May 1st Burn Permits will be required in Mariposa County.


CAR logo

 



Mariposa County Real Estate
(New For Monday, April 25):
 
California Association of Realtors Reports March 2016 Mariposa County Home Sales Increase Year Over Year While Prices Decline

Updated on Monday at 5:54 A.M.
Daily Area News Links:
Bass Lake: $10,000 fish will upgrade wedding ring

Mariposa Weather for Monday, May 2, 2016
Sunny and warmer today with the high temps topping out around 77 degrees while the low temp for tonight is forecast at 52 degrees. Yosemite Valley has a 20% chance of afternoon/evening showers/T-storms today. Yesterday the high temp topped out at 73.2 degrees (2.3 degrees warmer than Saturday) while the low came in at 46.2 degrees. Thunder was heard in the area yesterday but no rain at the SST weather station. Mariposa Pines reported 0.01" and El Portal came in with 0.02" yesterday. Tuesday is looking mostly sunny with a high temp of 77 degrees for the day. Future rain chances: Wednesday evening; 20% chance, Thursday; 40% chance, Friday; 40% chance, Saturday; 30% chance, Sunday; 20% chance.
More weather information...

Valley Online News.com
New:
 Merced County Farm Bureau 2016 Youth Poster Contest
Merced County animal rescue sees spike in abused pets
Weather - Burn Day Information


The Sierra Sun Times Weather Station is located in Mariposa, California

For Complete Weather Coverage

Mariposa County
Burn Day Information

fire ok   
Monday, May 2, 2016
 Burn Day
Permits Needed for Residential Burning
For More Information
Call: (209) 966-1200
CAL FIRE - Burn Information
Political Ads
Carrier 2016
Political Ad PAID for by:
The Committee to Re-elect John Carrier Supervisor Dist. 5

Events
TEDx Salon ad 2 april 235 7 16 YE Rally ad
5 7 16 health fair ad
5 14 16 AAUW Home Tour ad
5 28 16 Mariposa Art n Wine ad

Advertise Your Upcoming Event!
_______________________________
 

Contact Us to Advertise Your Event

_______________________________

SPCAThe SPCA will be Closed
Saturday, May 7th
for Mother’s Day Weekend

     SPCA NEW Hours & Days     
Tuesday through Saturday 8 to 3
“Please Spay and Neuter Your Pets”
  Mention above AD for a Discount  
The SPCA has coffee & donuts on
Saturday mornings while you shop.

CloudsRest-PetSittingDoes your dog need boarding... 
or day care? Call Trish!


Real Estate
daily-co
mariposa-sales-2

sierra-foothill-homes-sm

9 30 15 DWS logoDinner with a Scientist, an annual event organized by Mariposa AAUW (American Association of University Women) and MyIP (Mariposa Youth Impact Project), is scheduled for Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at UC Merced. This program invites Mariposa High School female students to enjoy an evening of dining and Q & A table talks with professional women who chose careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). It is open to MCHS girls in grades 9-12 and is free of charge.

This year in addition to UC professors and professionals in STEM fields sharing information about their fields of work during dinner, a pilot program will give students the opportunity to visit campus laboratories.  

Applications are available in the MCHS counseling office or online at: aauwmariposa.com.  Deadline for submission is Wednesday, September 2, at the counseling office or by mail to the address on the application. Travel to the campus and back for students and chaperones will be by VIA Charter bus.

Last year a student commented, "I would like to do Dinner with a Scientist again!

Girls are encouraged to attend more than once to see what campus life is like and to learn firsthand how women obtain degrees and positions in the STEM disciplines.

AAUW Mariposa and MyIP partner with UC Merced, the MCHS Boosters Club and Tavis Corporation to provide this program at no cost to students. Dinner with a Scientist is just one of several school and community programs offered by the Mariposa AAUW, a branch of the 133-year old organization dedicated to advancing equity and lifelong learning for women and girls. For further information visit: aauwmariposa.com.  
9 30 15 DWS Flyer