Friday, 22 May 2015

New for Saturday!
Burt Stalter Fuels Battalion Chief, Sierra National Forest Talks About the Dead Trees in the Sierra National Forest

On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at the Mariposa County Fairgrounds a Tree Mortality Workshop was held.

Published Online Since 2004

Search the Sierra Sun Times Using Keywords
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
‘Click’ for the best sounding Chimes in the world all made in Mariposa California... “Let the Good Chimes Toll“
‘Click’ for the best sounding Chimes in the world all made in Mariposa California... “Let the Good Chimes Toll“
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
'Click' Here to Visit: 'Yosemite Bug Health Spa'... "We provide a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere... Come in and let us help You Relax"
'Click' Here to Visit: 'Yosemite Bug Health Spa'... "We provide a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere... Come in and let us help You Relax"
_______________________________

Classified Ads
_______________________________

Contact Us to Place Your Ad
 
Place 'Your' Classified Ad
on Sierra Sun Times
Email Us Today
_______________________________

Job Listings
_______________________________
 
North Fork Rancheria
Indian Housing Authority
Job Openings


Construction Foreman
Full Time, Non-Exempt Employee
Salary:  $47,923 - $62,297 (DOE) 

Construction Laborer
Full Time, Non-Exempt Employee
Starting at $9.00 per hour (DOE) 

Closing Date: Friday, May 22 by 5 p.m.
(‘Click’ here for more information)
_______________________________
  • Last Update:Thursday 21 May 2015, 13:25.

Plan Your Weekend
Special Weekend Out & About Edition

Real Estate
New! California Association Of Realtors Reports Mariposa County April 2015 Home Prices up 3.5% Year Over Year

Updated on Friday at 3:32 A.M. - Daily Area News
Lumps, bumps and your pet's health

Mariposa Weather for Friday, May 22, 2015
Cloudy and cool today with the high temp topping out around 63 degrees while the low tonight comes in at 47 degrees. Mariposa has a 50% chance of showers today turning to 30% during the evening hours. Less than .10" expected today. Yosemite/Sierra has a 80% chance of showers turning to 50% during the evening hours. Yesterday's high temp in Mariposa topped out at 59.9 degrees, 11.9 degrees cooler than Wednesday. The low temp yesterday came in at 48.2 degrees. Saturday's high temp in Mariposa tops out at 70 degrees under partly sunny skies with a 20% chance of showers. Yosemite/Sierra has a 40% chance of showers on Saturday. Sunday/Monday is looking partly to  mostly sunny with a high temp of 76-79 degrees for Mariposa. Yosemite/Sierra has a 40% chance of showers on Sunday.
More weather information...

Valley Online News.com
New: 
Mercy Medical Center in Merced Penalized $100,000 by California Department of Public Health
And
Shots Fired Call Leads to Discovery of Illegal Marijuana Cultivation Near‪ Madera County‬ Elementary School
And
Castle Air Museum in Atwater Holds Open Cockpit Day on Sunday, May 24, 2015
And
California Department of Fish and Wildlife Invites Public Comment on Proposed Kern River Rainbow Trout Project for Sequoia National Park
And
Federal Court Shuts Down California Central Valley Tax Preparer and Convicted Felon
And
UC Merced Students Take Lead in Helping Campus Go Green
And
Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department to Participate in “Click it or Ticket” Campaign - May 18-31, 2015

And
Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department to Conduct DUI Saturation Patrols Over the 2015 Memorial Day Holiday
And
California Assemblymember Adam C. Gray (D-Merced) Announces Military Pension Bill Advances
YARTS Fresno to Yosemite line starts Saturday

Sierra Sun Times Daily Poll

During his unofficial filibuster of the Patriot Act yesterday Senator Ron Paul said “I’m not even sure you can argue that we are safer, but people will argue they feel safer." Do you agree we are safer because of the Patriot Act?

No, I do not agree we are safer because of the Patriot Act - 77.8%
Not sure, I agree we are safer because of the Patriot Act - 9.3%
Yes, I agree we are safer because of the Patriot Act - 13%

Total votes: 54
The voting for this poll has ended

Older Poll Questions

Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi a co-sponsor of the Therapeutic Fraud Prevention Act said so-called ‘conversion therapy’ for "converting" LGBT people is not medicine, it is not right, and it has no place in America. Do you agree with the banning?

No, I do not agree with banning ‘conversion therapy’ - 27.5%
Not sure, I agree with banning ‘conversion therapy’ - 3.9%
Yes, I agree with banning ‘conversion therapy’ - 68.6%

Total votes: 51
 Weather - Burn Day Information


The Sierra Sun Times Weather Station is located in Mariposa, California

For Complete Weather Coverage

Mariposa County
Burn Day Information

fire-ok   
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Burn Day
Restrictions are in effect
 
Permits Needed for Residential Burning
Note: Below 2,000 feet hours are from
8:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M.

For More Information
Call: (209) 966-1200
CAL FIRE - Burn Information
_______________________________

Events
_______________________________ 

5-23-15-Art-n-Wine-adMariposa-Relay-for-Life-Event_______________________________

Mariposa-Reformed-Baptist-Church

SPCANEW SPCA Summer Hours
Tuesday through Saturday 10 to 3

“Please Spay and Neuter Your Pets”
 Mention AD above for a Discount 

CloudsRest-PetSittingDoes your dog need boarding... 
or day care? Call Trish!
Dog-Grooming-by-Tess

Catnip-Society


         Real Estate
daily-co
mariposa-sales-2

sierra-foothill-homes-sm

Recent Comments

Sierra Foothill Charter School Uses Sun to Help Water Garden

SFCS-joining-conduit-pipeCommunity volunteer and Engineer Kevin Darcy works with Trevor McClard and Emilee Cordero to join together pieces of the conduit pipe.
SFCS-conduit-to-solar-panel-mountSierra Foothill Charter School student Irie Murphy and volunteer Kevin Darcy attach the conduit to the solar panel mount in the garden.
SFCS-brass-double-check-valveJessica Milazzo checks out the brass double check valve donated by Jim Allen Plumbing. The valve provides double protection assuring that rain water does not back-flow into the school's potable well water system.
SFCS-Jim-and-Mike-AllenJim and Mile Allen of Jim Allen Plumbing stand with students Mikey Owens, Emily Cordero, Montana Phillips, Jayden Philips, and Bradlie Teixeira. Jim and Mike had come earlier to survey the project, determine what the students needed and what they could donate. They then returned to hook up the irrigation with student help. In all they donated over eight hours of work, PVC pipe and fittings, and the brass check valve. The irrigation system now allows manual choice of stored rain water or, as needed, well water for Learning Garden and Native Plant Area irrigation. The rain water storage tanks are full and ready for students to begin irrigating.