Tuesday, 21 February 2017
New for Tuesday: Congressman Tom McClintock on Fracking
 On March 10, 2015 Congressman Tom McClintock held a Town Hall Meeting in Mariposa.


Published Online Since 2004

Sierra Sun Times Public Safety Scanner
SST Videos on
you tube logo sierra sun times

Search the Sierra Sun Times Using Keywords
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
*New Link* 'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
*New Link* 'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
'Click' Here to Visit: 'Yosemite Bug Health Spa'...
'Click' Here to Visit: 'Yosemite Bug Health Spa'... "We provide a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere... Come in and let us help You Relax"


____________________________

Contact Us to Place Your Ad
Place 'Your' Classified Ad
on Sierra Sun Times

Email Us Today
_____________________________
Classified Ads
_____________________________

Contact Us to Place Your Ad Today
Event
Job Listing
or Community Notice
_____________________________

Send in News Articles to
Sierra Sun Times
_____________________________

Mariposa County Roads Closed Due to Flooding
Source: Mariposa County Sheriff's Office as of Monday Morning at 6:47 A.M.
Leonard Rd Crossing
Harris Rd Crossing

Today
And
Mariposa County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, February 21, 2017
And
Madera County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda for February 21, 2017

california january 2017 home sales credit car small

Mariposa County Real Estate
New for Tuesday, February 21
Mariposa County January 2017 Home Sales Prices Down Slightly Year Over Year as California Housing Market Kicks Off Year Higher

For Our Advertisers:
Sierra Sun Times Monthly Page Views: 1,135,458

Updated on Tuesday at 5:15 A.M.
Daily Area News Links:
McClintock supporters, protesters call for peaceful event

Mariposa Weather for Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Take Note: Flood Watch in effect until Tuesday, February 21, 10:00 AM PST
And
Winter Storm Warning in effect until Tuesday, February 21, 10:00 AM PST
Valid at 5:00 A.M.  Showers today with up to 0.75" possible. Tuesday's high temp tops out  around 55 degrees with a low temp of about 39 degrees. Yesterday the high temp topped out at 53.1 degrees (5.1 degrees warmer than Sunday) while the low came in at 44.5 degrees. The SST rain gauge recorded 1.95" of rain yesterday. Wednesday is looking mostly sunny with a high temp of  around 53 degrees for the day. Wednesday has a 10% chance of afternoon showers. Future rain chances:  Sat.: 40% chance of showers. Sun./Mon.: 60% chance of showers.   More weather information

________________________________________________

  • Last Update:Tuesday 21 February 2017, 06:47.
tobacco feb
Residents prepare for possible flooding after Sheriff issues pre-evacuation advisory in Madera County
Evacuation warning for downtown North Fork
Skiers and snowboarders enjoying fresh snow brought by storms at Yosemite National Park
Don Pedro Spillway Opens For First Time Since 1997, Prompting Downstream Fears

Weather - Burn Day Information


The Sierra Sun Times Weather Station is located in Mariposa, California
Click Here: For Complete Weather Coverage


 Mariposa County 
 Burn Day Information

 fire ok   
Burn Day - Tuesday, February 21
NO Permit Needed from CAL FIRE
 Permit Required from Mariposa County 
Click here for Mariposa County Permit Information
 For More Information 
 Call: (209) 966-1200
 CAL FIRE - Burn Information
Events
  All Ads are 'Clickable' for more info.  
3 4 17 SAR Fundraiser ad
2017 Storytelling Festival ad
3 15 17 SPCA ad
2017 Ladies Retreat ad

Advertise Your Upcoming Event!
_______________________________
 

Contact Us to Advertise Your Event

_______________________________

SPCA kitties SPCA Hours & Days of Operation 
     Winter Hours:     
Wednesday through Saturday: 10 to 3
“Please Spay and Neuter Your Pets”
  Mention above AD for a Discount  

CloudsRest-PetSittingDoes your dog need boarding... 
or day care? Call Trish!


Real Estate
daily-co
mariposa sales 2017 s

sierra-foothill-homes-sm



July 27, 2015 - DENVER - The Bureau of Reclamation is seeking innovative fish tracking technologies in its first Prize Challenge Competition. The competition, which runs until August 26, will award a total of $20,000 in prize money for solutions that reduce costs and improve fish tracking methods.

“Discovering new concepts and technologies significantly improves our ability to monitor threatened and endangered fish species and their ecosystems,” said Commissioner Estevan López. “This search for new fish tracking methods gives us a way to collaborate with private industries and the public to find innovative and creative solutions to problems we all currently face.”

With many fish species swimming through our rivers and waterways, effective tracking methods are vital to monitoring ecosystem health and recovering threatened and endangered fish species. Current fish tracking methods rely on capturing and handling fish to implant or attach tags. The process of attaching tags is costly and complex, and can also stress fish. While research communities have explored advancements to these technologies, Reclamation’s Prize Challenge Competition encourages breakthrough ideas by inviting innovative solutions from a national community.

Reliable, affordable detection and tracking provides vital information about how many fish are present, where and why mortality occurs, and where and why species thrive. This enables program managers to pursue targeted and more effective actions that can reduce mortality rates, improve habitat and increase survival rates. Addressing the need for improved technology will have practical applications for both federal, state and private industries. “Reclamation’s science and engineering expertise is known throughout the world, but we can benefit from innovative ideas from individuals with varied specialties, backgrounds and industries,” said Science Advisor David Raff.

The Bureau of Reclamation collaborated with the U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, NOAA-National Marine Fisheries Service, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to design the prize competition. Submitted solutions will be evaluated by a panel of judges composed of scientists, engineers and telemetry experts from the private sector, tribal nations, Reclamation and other collaborating federal agencies.

Reclamation recently partnered with U.S. Agency for International Development to host the Desal Prize Competition at its Brackish Groundwater National Desalination Research Facility in Alamogordo, New Mexico. With a total of 68 applications from 29 countries, the competition has advanced desalination technologies for rural areas.

The winners of the first Prize Challenge Competition will be announced by November 9, 2015. To submit your ideas, please visit https://www.innocentive.com/ar/challenge/9933646.
Source: Bureau of Reclamation