September 11, 2023 - The community preparations are underway for the fun filled 36th Annual Hornitos Flea Market, to be held in 'Historic Hornitos', on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
Gates open to the public at 7:00 A.M. (NO DOGS ALLOWED in the SALE AREA, per County Ordinance).
Breakfast will be available by the Hornitos Historical Society for $10, with all-you-can-eat pancakes. Your breakfast will be served with a helping of sausage,
Spaces are available for information call: (209) 382-7062. (See info. here in fillable form.)
Enjoy a leisurely drive through the beautiful fall-colored foothills, visit the local establishments, and experience the rich history and atmosphere of the historic town. While you are treasure hunting for the unbelievable find or something you always had to have at the 36th Annual Hornitos Flea Market.
Sponsored by the Hornitos Patrons Club, members are responsible for numerous projects and activities in Hornitos and Mariposa County. Some of the monies are donated to the American Cancer Society, Mariposa High School Graduation Scholarships, Field of Service, pay telephone in town, a stove appliance & fan for Stag Hall, Manna House, Mariposa High School Student Grad Night, Mariposa High School Student Loan, Back to School party including all supplies for children, Mariposa High School Grad Night, many updates, repairs, and improvements for St. Catherine's church, along with weed abatement, in both the cemetery & jail including new roof for church. Other projects include: the preservation of history in the town of Hornitos with maps, plaques. Additionally, used to help flood victims in Planada/Merced.
The Hornitos Patrons Club also hosts:
All Souls Day Candle Lighting ceremony on Thursday, November 2, 2023
(always on November 2nd)
75th Annual Enchilada Dinner on Saturday, March 2, 2024
(always the first Saturday in March)
For more information, please call: (209) 382-7062 or email: HornitosPatronsClub@gmail.com.
You can also visit the Hornitos Patrons Club on Facebook.
Call to Vendors for the 36th Annual Hornitos Flea Market on Sunday, October 1, 2023
Vendor Details and Rules of the Market:
- Types of goods allowed: antiques, collectibles, repurposed goods, handmade goods, or garage sale items only.
- Spaces are 10’ x 15’ each at a cost of $50.00 per space.
- Checks, cash, money orders, ect. Accepted, no electronic payments accepted.
- Spaces are only reserved upon receipt of money.
- Set-up times are Saturday from 12 noon - 8:00 P.M. or Sunday morning from 5:00 A.M. - 6:30 A.M.
- The HPC is not responsible for any items lost or stolen if you set-up the day before.
- The lights will be left on in the park Saturday night, but there will be no security provided.
- Tables, chairs, electric cords, access to electricity, or other similar items will NOT be provided.
- Food Vendors must call the Mariposa Health Department at (209) 966-2220 prior to coming to the flea market to arrange the necessary permits.
- Food vendors must observe all the rules of the flea market including removing trash.
- All vehicles must be out of the sales area by 6:30 A.M. on Sunday.
- Vendors are to park in the St. Catherine’s Church Parking to allow for customer parking.
- No booths will be allowed to take down and/or leave before 3:00 P.M. on Sunday.
- The Park gates will be locked until 3:00 P.M. to prevent anyone from driving into the park.
- DOGS MUST BE ON A LEASH. MPA CO ORD 6.08.145
- Dumpsters will NOT be provided; vendors are not allowed to leave trash or unsold items.
- The event will be held rain or shine; there will be no refunds.
- Dinner will be available for purchase Saturday night, 5:00 P.M. by Hornitos 4-H Club.
Any vendor who breaks any of the above rules will not be allowed to return next year. We reserve the right to refuse any vendor application.
‘Click’ here for printable PDF application. Note: Fillable form link at the top of page.