Friday, 09 December 2016
Updated on Thursday: Projected Totals Raised:
NWS- Hanford - Rain Totals Wednesday Afternoon Through Saturday Morning
weather mariposa december 7 2016 rain totals
Published Online Since 2004

Sierra Sun Times Public Safety Scanner
SST Videos on
you tube logo sierra sun times

Search the Sierra Sun Times Using Keywords
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
'Click' Here to Visit: 'Yosemite Bug Health Spa'...
'Click' Here to Visit: 'Yosemite Bug Health Spa'... "We provide a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere... Come in and let us help You Relax"


____________________________

Contact Us to Place Your Ad
Place 'Your' Classified Ad
on Sierra Sun Times

Email Us Today
_____________________________

Classified Ads____________________________

Contact Us to Place Your Ad Today
Event
Job Listing
or Community Notice
_____________________________

Send in News Articles to
Sierra Sun Times
_____________________________
  • Last Update:Friday 09 December 2016, 14:41.

Plan Your Weekend
Special Weekend Out & About Edition

Today
Caltrans Traffic Advisory for Mariposa County on State Route 140 From Martin Road to Yosemite National Park


Mariposa County Senior News
Menu & Activities Schedule for December

california pending home sales index october 2016 graphic source car small

Mariposa County Real Estate
New for Monday, December 5

For Our Advertisers:
Sierra Sun Times Monthly Page Views: 1,135,458

Updated on Friday at 5:51 A.M.
Daily Area News Links: 
Proposed water law package has Lode residents picking sides

Mariposa Weather for Friday, December 9, 2016
A chance of showers before 4:00 P.M. then a chance of rain after 4:00 P.M. with less than 0.10" possible. Rain tonight, mainly after 10:00 P.M. (80% chance), with up to 0.50" possible. Today's high temps top out around 59 degrees with mostly cloudy skies while the low tonight comes in at about 46 degrees. High snow levels, around 8,000 feet, through Saturday. Yesterday the high temp topped out at 51.9 degrees (5.8 degrees warmer than Wednesday) while the low came in at 39.8 degrees. The SST rain gauge recorded 0.50" by Midnight yesterday. Saturday's high temp comes in around 57 degrees with a 90% chance of rain, that could be heavy at times, with up to 1.50" possible. Future high temps: Sun.: 57 degrees, Mon.: 57 degrees. Future rain chances: Sun.: 20% chance of morning showers. Mon. night: 20% chance. Tue.: 50% chance. Wed.: 30% chance. Thu.: Rain likely. More weather information...

 

Bi-partisan California water bill facing some backlash in Congress
Weather - Burn Day Information


The Sierra Sun Times Weather Station is located in Mariposa, California

For Complete Weather Coverage

 Mariposa County 
 Burn Day Information

 fire ok   
Burn Day - Friday, December 9
NO Permit Needed from CAL FIRE
 Permit Required from Mariposa County 
Click here for Mariposa County Permit Information
 For More Information 
 Call: (209) 966-1200
 CAL FIRE - Burn Information
  All Ads are 'Clickable' for more info.  
 
Events


Advertise Your Upcoming Event!
_______________________________
 

Contact Us to Advertise Your Event

_______________________________

SPCA SPCA Hours & Days of Operation 
     Winter Hours:     
Wednesday through Saturday: 10 to 3
“Please Spay and Neuter Your Pets”
  Mention above AD for a Discount  

CloudsRest-PetSittingDoes your dog need boarding... 
or day care? Call Trish!


Real Estate
daily-co
mariposa-sales-2

sierra-foothill-homes-sm

July 29, 2015 - DENVER - The Bureau of Reclamation selected nine projects to receive $1.49 million under its Desalination and Water Purification Research Program. Reclamation’s funding will support almost $13.5 million in research.

“Improving desalination and water purification across the West is crucial to providing affordable, clean and sustainable water supplies for American communities,” said Commissioner Estevan López. “These projects represent a small portion of the many worthy proposals we have received. The president's budget request for Fiscal Year 2016 includes a 19 percent increase over this year’s budget and, if approved, this amount would be a big step forward for more projects to receive funding next year. ”

Research laboratory projects are small-scale projects used to determine if a process is feasible. Funding is provided for one year and is capped at $150,000 per project. 

New projects are:

  • Carollo Engineers - $150,000 (California): “Identifying Factors to Increase the Membrane Life in a Seeded Slurry Environment”
  • Regents of the University of California - $150,000 (California): “Overcoming Operating Pressure Barrier in High Recovery Membrane Desalination via Hybrid RO-NF Processes”
  • Vanderbilt University - $145,471 (Tennessee): “Omniphobic Membrane for Robust and Versatile Membrane Distillation Desalination”
  • WateReuse Research Foundation – Hazen and Sawyer - $98,905 (New York): “Developing a Methodology for a Comprehensive Analysis of Alternative Water Supply Projects Compared to Direct Potable Reuse”
  • WateReuse Research Foundation – University of Arizona and Black & Veatch - $150,000 (Arizona): “Integrating Management of Sensor Data for a Real Time Decision Making and Response System”
Pilot-scale projects follow research studies that demonstrate how technology works. They determine the physical viability and suitability of a process on a larger scale. 

New projects are:

  • Padre Dam Municipal Water District - $200,000 (California): “Maximizing Product Water through Brine Minimization: Innovative Recovery RO Testing”
  • WateReuse Research Foundation – City of San Diego, CA - $200,000 (California): “Realizing Reverse Osmosis Potential for Potable Reuse: Demonstrating Enhanced Pathogen Removal”
If the selected pilot projects complete a sufficient amount of work in the first year, they may receive additional funding for a second year. 

Pilot projects on their second year of funding are:

  • New Mexico State University - $199,974 (New Mexico): “Demonstration of Monovalent Selective Ion Exchange Membranes for Desalination and Reuse Enhancement”
  • San Diego County Water Authority - $200,000 (California): “Pilot Testing Program for the Proposed Camp Pendleton Seawater Desalination Project”
Reclamation received 53 full proposals, having a combined request of $9.6 million in federal funding. These proposals leveraged $18.2 million in non-federal funding. Of the nine projects selected to receive funding, two are continuing pilot projects from Fiscal Year 2014, three are new pilot-scale projects and five are new lab-scale projects. The program is open for academia, private sector, non-profit entities, state and local entities and municipalities to apply.

Using testing and new advanced water treatment technologies, the DWPR Program helps Reclamation and its partners identify widening imbalances between supply and demand in western water basins.

The DWPR Program priorities are (1) overcoming technical, economic and social barriers for direct and/or indirect potable reuse treatment, (2) novel processes and/or materials to treat impaired waters, and (3) concentrate management solutions leading to concentrate volume minimization for inland brackish desalination.

To learn more about Reclamation's Advanced Water Treatment activities, please visit: www.usbr.gov/awt/.
Source: Bureau of Reclamation