The individual is doing well and is isolating and recovering at home. MCDPH is working to identify potential contacts. Based on information provided by the individual, Public Health staff will assess risks of exposure and contact any affected individuals.
As the numbers continue to increase globally and nationally, Merced County Health Officials continue to strongly urge that individuals exercise the following measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19:
1. If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, self-isolate at home.
2. EVERYONE SHOULD practice social distancing which means keeping at least 6 feet between you and other nonfamily members.
3. PLEASE wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds as often as possible. Handwashing is one of the most effective prevention measures in minimizing disease spread.
4. Always avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
5. Stay at home if you are sick.
For information on COVID-19, call the Merced County Department of Public Health information line at (209) 381-1180 (English, Spanish, Hmong) or visit www.countyofmerced.com/coronavirus
To schedule a phone interview, please contact the Public Health Communication Office from Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm at (209) 381-1187.
Source: Merced County Public Health
Related: Merced County Health Officials Confirm First Case of COVID-19 in Merced County